Brancaster Bag Sewing Pattern
The Brancaster Bag pattern is one of my all time favourites! A handy bag that comes in 2 sizes, Maxi (my fav) and Tote with optional extra features like pockets and zip detail.
For experienced stitchers the extras will appeal but if you are a beginner why not make the main bag and lining with for practice and then pimp your next bag with the optional details as you build your skills.
The construction is fairly simple and the pattern comes as a ready to print PDF download in sizes A4 or US LETTER.
Please note full instructions are on the BLOG and do not print with this pattern.
Depending on the size you choose to make you will need the following materials:
- Fabric 1 - Maxi 0.65m / Tote 0.56m (Makes - main bag outer and optional inner zip pocket)
- Fabric 2 - Maxi 0.65m / Tote 0.56m (Makes - lining bag and outer pocket)
- 1.5" (40mm) Cotton webbing for straps 70" x2 (140" total)
- Zip 1 - Closed ended nylon zip - Maxi + Tote 9" (for optional inner zip pocket)
- Zip 2 - Open ended sports zip - Maxi 20" / Tote 16" (for optional recessed zip closure)
Add the pattern to your basket and let's get sewing!
- Always print at 100%
- A4 only wanting the MAXI size, do NOT print pages 12/13/14
- A4 only want the TOTE size do NOT print pages 1/2/5/6
- US only wanting the MAXI size, do NOT print pages 13/14/15
- US only want the TOTE size do NOT print pages 1-5
Want to replicate my sample see below the materials on Amazon.